Our Family

Monday, August 20, 2007

New Swings and More!


Finally, we got rid of the baby swings and put up big boy swings! We were waiting to get mulch to put down for cushioning, but then remembered that we had all these foam squares we were no longer using and used them instead. They are actually pretty soft! I am so glad to be done with the baby swings, because it has gotten to the point where all they want to do is swap everything back and forth. Well now they can swap all by themselves. They really love swinging on their bellies!

They also drank from a cup all by themselves! Carter did excellent at it and Cale just needed a little help at first. I know their preschool teacher will be very happy, because in the 2's class they need to be able to drink from a cup and my boys were the only ones in May when she gave them cups that spilled it immediately all over the place. It is something I just never cared to attempt with them. I knew that I would have to give them a regular cup at some point, but I guess part of me was hoping when they were ready they would just start doing it and I would never have to clean up any messes. Wishful thinking, but it did pretty much did go that way!

We also gave them a Capri Sun to drink by themselves for the first time and they also did great with that! Around our house it seems to be that when it comes to growing up we have a weekend filled with new accomplishments. Every time they have started one thing new it has snowballed into being several new things by the end of the weekend. I am glad that they are being more and more independent, but I really miss them being babies! I think it was just so incredibly hard when they were babies that I didn't get to enjoy it and live in the moment and now that I am not wishing one day away they are growing up so fast!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: