Our Family

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Burp Cloth Business

For the past year I have been trying to sew and make burp cloths look more appealing. The reasons to why I wanted to do this was that first of all it gave me time to myself and it is relaxing. The main reason is that my boys were spitters! They were known as "happy spitters", lucky us. I had many, many plain white cloth diapers and they work great at absorbing spit up. However, they are not most attractive burp cloths. I had a couple that were cute that worked well, but they got worn out after a while. So that is why I wanted to learn how to do this, because one day I may want to have another baby and I know without a shadow of a doubt that it will also be a spitter.
A few months ago I found the way to make my burp cloths look very cute. So far I have given some away as gifts, because it seems to be that everyone that I know are having babies. The only problem is that I can not come up with a catchy name for my business. I really need help! Andy says that if someone gives me a name that I end up using, that he will pay them $50.

I have serious OCD, so I promise perfection or at least as close to it as I can get. I will take request for specific designs, that is if I can find it. I have different designs to choose from boy, girl or neutral. I use birdseye cloth diapers. Some of the fabrics have a soft flannel feel and some have a regular cotton feel. I also have some that have ribbon and I can do that in a couple different ways.

Here is a collage of some of the burp cloths. Starting with top left it is a ribbon with pink, orange, white stripe, next is ladybugs, then pink, green, and white strips. Next row, a little hard to see light pink and green polka dots, purple swirly ribbon, and light green paisley. Bottom row, dump trucks, blue polka dots, and a cherry ribbon. If you would like to see a better view of any of these let me know and I will post a bigger picture.





Here are two new patterns. The one on the top is my favorite and says, "Happy Hippo."


This is how they come. Makes a perfect gift!

No comments: