Our Family

Thursday, May 19, 2011

6 Years Already

I remember after they were one week old we didn't think that we would make it one year, but here we are 6 years later and it honestly gets easier. We still have our battles. Mainly for me having to repeat the same 3 don'ts all day long, but other than that they are very trustworthy and sweet boys. I really didn't think that I had done a very good job with them. It was so hard for me to cuddle them as babies and have one on one time with them. They were very high maintenance and demanding babies and did not sleep during the day. They grew past all that and became good sleepers and very snugly toddlers and preschoolers. We would snuggle every morning after breakfast and they are honestly still like that. I guess it goes to show that how you hold them or how long you hold them as infants doesn't really matter after all, as long as you meet their needs and show them love.

I will say I still feel like a failure most weeks, what mom doesn't? Cale put on a mother's day program in his class, it had been recorded the week before, and during his part he got upset and had to start over. Well for some reason Cale didn't sit with me during the showing and he was covering his face on the floor when his part was on. I felt like the worst mom EVER! Seeing my child feel so embarrassed and up there sitting by himself. I sent Carter up to get him and he came back and then sat with me. It was a scarring moment for me as a mom, but I really don't think he thought anything else about it. I love that they don't dwell on things like we do.

For their birthday we decided to surprise them with a trip to Disney World! We only took them, Mack stayed at home with my parents. they loved having that time just with us, Mack can be quite a hand full sometimes. It was definitely a trip I will cherish forever and I hope they will too. Next time we will take Mack, but we are going to wait until he is old enough to really enjoy it and have fun.

Birthday number 1 with Grandma and Grandpa










Mother's Day
(yes, Mack is crying)




Happy 6th Birthday!!







Finding out we are going to Disney World!! They really had no response because they have no idea about what to expect. Next time this will be a whole different face and reaction!




Pirate Mickey shirts to wear



Money to spend




Cale wanted a doughnut and Carter wanted a chocolate cupcake (after which he only ate the icing)











Posted by Picasa

No comments: