Our Family

Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Little Catching Up

I always tell myself that I am going to blog more and I even have really crazy things that happen that would make interesting blog posts, but to sum it all up I just don't make time to do it. I like writing about what the kids do and what is happening, but I just forget and remember when I am not at the computer. Well here are somethings that have happened to us lately and I am going to try hard to keep blogging more. I really want to do more crockpot recipes. I think I have some labeled, but I am going to be better at labeling my posts.

Last month I was at the outlet mall in Morrisville. If you live around Raleigh and have never been, you aren't missing much except for the Carter outlet. Well Andy has always worried about me going there and will not let me go at night, so I usually go during the middle of the day. He says this because there are never many people there and he says it looks "sketchy". It doesn't matter what time you go either, it is almost always dead in there. Well last month I had to go out to the Carter outlet to get some onesies for work. I pull in the parking lot and the way the parking lot looks, it overlooks the driveway in front of the mall. So I am sitting my car getting ready to get out and I notice a man looking suspicious and walking fast across the driveway. Then he starts running and these cops and a man in a suit are chasing him! Then he is running towards my car! I totally freaked out and locked the door. I thought, oh no is this guy going to pull out a gun? Is he going to car jack me? Are the cops going to pull out their guns? I should mention that I did not have any of the kids with me and this was a weekday afternoon. The man runs and jumps in the car right next to me, so of course before he gets in that car I think I almost had a heart attack!! After he jumps in I noticed there was a girl in the drivers seat and she starts to back up right away. All the while I am just sitting in my car. Then the cops and the man in the suit jump on the car and the cops grab her door and open it and grab the keys. Then when the car was stopped they grabbed the guy out and threw him on the pavement and handcuffed him!! Remember, I am still sitting next to this car and am still in my car! So then when I feel it is safe I just get out and walk into the mall. As I am walking past the guy on the ground in handcuffs, I kind of felt like it was like a Seinfeld episode or something. There was another lady who was walking by the car on the other side and she had almost been run over by the cops. So once we got down the steps to the driveway, we were talking about how crazy that was. That was definitely the most scared I have ever been, at least crime wise. Now I am definitely more observant when I go to that mall.

On a happier note, Mack is just so smart. He is totally obsessed with the remote and my keys. We let him play with the stinkin cable box remote because I can't even get the channel to change without holding my tongue just right, I figure he is not going to do any harm. Well in the last couple weeks Mack has begun getting the remote and pointing it at the tv pushing buttons. He will only watch one show, Special Agent Oso. I don't know why, but he loves that show. He will also only watch the ones that we have taped, so unfortunately that means the same two all the time! Well now whenever the list of dvr'd shows comes up he thinks he is going to watch his show. If you ask him if he wants to watch Special Agent Oso, his face lights up and he starts to giggle. It is so cute, but Andy is wondering what have I done to this child?! It's not like he watches it all day long. This past week he did something new. I asked him if he wanted to watch his show and he got all excited. Then I asked him to bring me the remote, so he went and got the remote(he didn't have it for once) and brought it and opened my hand and put it in there! Last week he brought me the remote and started grunting and pointing at the tv. When he does get a hold of my keys the first place he goes with them is the back door and tries to reach the door knob with them.

Here he is pointing the remote at the tv, not a good picture because it is with my old camera.




No comments: