Our Family

Friday, August 6, 2010

Mack the Mischief Maker

I figured Cale and Carter had a few years of post with just pictures of them, so here are some 10 month pictures of Mack. I do have an update about Mack's weight gain, had only gained 1 lb from 6-9 months. Well we had to take Carter back to the doctor in July to finish having his 5 year old check up, he refused to cooperate at the original one, so I had them weigh Mack to see how much he had gained in a month. Well, he gained 2 lbs in one month!! I couldn't believe it! I had been pumping him full of formula and food. I am still nursing in the morning, but getting ready to stop because he pushes me away. I guess sadly he is ready to grow up. I was trying to wait until 11 months, like I did with Cale and Carter, to get rid of the bottle, but he would also rather drink from a sippy cup. He still gets a bottle at bedtime, but actually drinks better from the sippy. I should be glad he is giving all this up on his own, but I don't want my baby to grow up. He finally cut his first two teeth!! They still are only barely through and it has been two weeks. Poor kid is going to have trouble with this I think. He may also be working on more, because he has been kind of out of sorts lately. I hate teething!

This kid is seriously into everything!! I have rearranged my living several times over the past month. He seems content for awhile and then all of a sudden when your guard is down he attacks!! He will escape or flip his toys or go for the TV. At the nursery last week he pulled some kids hair, climbed on the cubbies, flipped the activity tables. I think they thought I was a parent that let my kids do whatever, but he is only a baby. They said, maybe he learned this from his older siblings. They obviously have never met Cale and Carter because they are NOT destructive and never have been. They do laugh when he pulls their hair, but Mack has always just been so fascinated with hair. Hopefully he will do better this Sunday. Honestly I don't know how I am suppose to stop him now, I truly believe he is too young for time out. I said that when he starts getting into things I put him in baby jail and then they seemed shocked when I said that he had toys in there. He is too young for timeout!!! I think the other boys were closer to 18 months when we did the naughty mat thing. My feeling on the matter is, in my opinion my first two children turned out just fine and are well behaved, so I am not going to let what other people say bother me. I am going to raise my children how I want to.


He loves to do flips! today he had a ball flipping on the couch, with my help. I wish Andy had been here to video.



Smiley!



I love this! Look how excited he is about his pappy! He isn't really attached, but is finally teething and loves chewing on them.



Eating O's. Excuse our messy house, it will never be spotless again I am afraid.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: