Our Family

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Time Flies!

Boy have I been busy since the start of the new year! I had orders pretty much everyday for the first 3 weeks! That was nice, but I really needed to catch my breathe after having the crazy start with watching what I eat and worrying about Mack. Also, just having to keep up with 4 year old twins, the needs of a baby and all the cooking, cleaning, and laundry. Not to mention the fact that I now have to pump and bottle feed and on different time schedules and wash bottles and my pump consistently. I am tired just writing this. I am starting to get the hang of everything. I just need to get back on my laundry schedule and cleaning schedule. Things will reach a new normal soon or at least I hope they will.

I can't believe how fast this year has gone by so far. Probably because I stay so busy. Mack is already 4 months old! I really don't want him to grow up. It does make me sad since he is my last baby. He had a good doctor visit the other day. He is up to 15 lbs 1 oz and 25 in long. He is developing great and still had some gastro issues, but they were resolved today with a normal poop. I am still having to pump and mix with formula. I did break down and buy an electric pump. I got the Playtex Embrace and love it, just in case someone reading this needs a pump that is a good one. He also started rice cereal. I think he likes it. His first bite was him lunging at the spoon with his mouth open wide. Andy videoed it, so I will have to put it up soon.

It's funny how at first I was so devastated because of having to read labels although really it was the stress of messing up that has always scared me about having a child with a food allergy or other issue, but it hasn't been that bad. If anything it has helped us to eat more healthy and to be more conscience of what we are putting into out bodies. Reading the labels are second nature now. We eat a lot more fresh foods and don't really eat out at all. We have found a few places that serve foods that I can eat. Like Moe's Art Vandalay burrito, which I love the name, and pretty much anything at Wendy's. Those are our standbys just in case life gets too hectic. We did eat in 12 nights in a row! That is seriously the first time since, well we have known each other that that has happened (we have been together for 11 years). I have also lost 4 lbs, at least that is what it was a few days ago when I weighed last. I was really hoping to have lost more, but I will take that. Well as usually my tiny bit of free time has come to an end and I must go pump again and then blow dry my hair, then move the laundry once again from the bed to laundry basket all so that I will fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

Here are some shots from Mack's 4 month pictures that were taken yesterday. I just now have taken him somewhere to get his picture made because I was so scared he would get the flu. Those places seem like germ magnets. Yes, I am a germaphobe. I felt so guilty and the pictures were so cute that I probably bought more than I should have. He is one of the three cutest kids ever!!





Posted by Picasa

No comments: