Our Family

Monday, February 8, 2010

Busy Times and Quick Meals

I haven't posted in a while. There has been so much going on!  I feel like every time I get a few minutes there is always so much to do and then I think of something I want to write about and I am not at my computer and then I forget when I sit down.  That was a run on.  Anyways, we had snow a couple weeks ago and I will post those pictures in a few (it is way faster with Picasa which I don't have open right now).  I have finally figured out this cooking without milk/soy thing---Crock Pot!  I have used mine so much this past month and a half.  I can't believe I didn't use it at all the first 4 years we were married.  I think it was the fact that I had a crappy one at first, but for the past 4 years I have had a nice one and it makes all the difference.  Tonight we are having Super Easy Chicken and it smells really good.  It is a new recipe that I got from the Fix it and Forget it cookbook. 

I love the crock pot so much!!  It really is because I can cook at my convenience, which is very important these days with all the pumping and bottle feeding, and I don't have to remember to monitor it.  I just set the time and when the 4 or 6 hours is up it turns to warm and is ready when we want to eat.  Lately I have been doing a lot of different chilis and soups and stews.  Some have been really good and some ok.  On the side of my blog you will notice the crock pot for a year blog where a lady only used hers for a year.  That is the only way she cooked.  I told Andy I was going to do that and he was shocked.  I'm not really, but must meals will be that way.  Tomorrow night we are having a none crock pot meal--tacos with previously ground beef.  So that should only take about 10-15 mins to prepare.  I now freeze all my ground beef when I buy it and separate it into 1 lb bags.  That makes all meals, especially crock meals fast and easy.   Wednesday I am doing another crock meal and it is Greek Chicken.  I will put that recipe up on Wednesday.  I am going to try to post on the day I cook it then post the next day with what I thought.  I wonder how long this will last ; ) 

Here is tonight's recipe:

Super Easy Chicken
4 chicken breast halves frozen
1 pkg italian season
1 cup warm water or chicken broth (I used chicken broth)

6-8 hours on low

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Easy to understand,I like it!