Our Family

Monday, November 2, 2009

A New Challenge


(this is the only picture that had everyone's eyes open.)


It has been almost 7 weeks since I had Mack. I can't believe it has been that long!! Everyone is always telling me how good I look, but I'm like really?!? I don't believe them. I can't fit into a single pair of pants (these include the ones I had the winter after I had Cale and Carter). With C&C I did gain a lot more than I did this time, but I ended up only weighing about 10 lbs less this time because I started off weighing more. Make since?
So I am little depressed that I still have 20 lbs to lose. My mom and Andy couldn't believe how much I weigh because I really don't look like I weigh that much. I guess I just hide it well with the black and big clothes I have been wearing. It is really hard knowing what I started out like 5 years ago before having C&C. I know I am older and have now had 3 kids, but always being small makes it depressing when the weight doesn't just fall off. I do have to work really hard to lose weight and I had to work really hard last time and this time I am just getting started. I just wish there were more hours in the day!
I had a jogging stroller for Mack to use while the boys were at school, but after the first use the front wheel was not working right! I knew I shouldn't have listened to Andy and got the cheapest one and it was the same brand of jogger I started out with with C&C and hated. Now I am on the hunt for a better one, but not the $400 one that I want. That is crazy expensive! I started back with my wii fit last night. Andy thought I had the math wrong when I put in my goal amount of weight to lose. That is until I told him my weight and what I weighed when I got pregnant. Then he was like, oh. See it is bad even though it doesn't look too bad. My goal time is 6 months meaning I will have to lose a pound and a half a week. That is not going to be possible! I don't diet. I do have the Eat This Not That and try to order or buy the healthiest option of the things I like. Iam really going to have to lose weight by working out though. We'll see if I can keep this up or if it will fizzle because other things like come first.
It is a lot harder to get things done with 3 kids. Also like the other two, Mack is a spitter. Not as bad, but bad enough that I do a lot of his laundry and he loves to spit up on me when I am wearing my one pair of normal jeans. I had my vow not to spend money unnecessarily, but I can't keep washing and wearing the some jeans everyday. I just don't have time. I did have to buy this one pair and a couple shirts because of nursing nothing really fits me between my boobs and belly being larger than last winter. I really did forget how awful this part was after having a baby. As if sleep deprivation, loss of brain cells, and tons more to do isn't enough you also have no clothes that are flattering to wear. Some days I don't care and throw on sweat pants and then I do not have a tee shirt that fits. Ugh!! Well I have 20 lbs (or more) to lose and lets see how long it takes me. It took me 5 months to lose about 30 lbs last time, so hopefully it won't take too long!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tara said...

I understand!! I do hope that you can find the time to exercise, because it will make you feel great. But as a busy mom, I know it's really hard to make that fit into the schedule. Wishing you well (from someone who's still in that spot, with no 7-week-old baby as an excuse!!).

Kasey Q said...

Welcome to the world of having 3 children. Too bad God didn't give us 3 arms! It really does change things a bit, but eventually everything gets done. Maybe not exactly like you wanted it to be done (and this is something I STILL struggle with), but eventually it will get done. Losing weight after having a baby is hard no matter what anyone says. And it gets harder after each child. I just now got back down to where I was before pregnancies, but now that I'm 12 weeks with #4, I don't think that will be lasting too much longer. :) Good luck girl! You'll get there.

Amanda said...

Thanks ladies! I could definitely use 3 arms and more hours in the day. I can never get anything finished! Kasey, you are doing good to be 12 weeks pregnant! By the time I was 8 weeks this past time I could only wear maternity pants.