Our Family

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Charlotte, Train and Discovery Place




This past weekend we went to Charlotte to visit the Warnke side of the family, Andy's parents and brother and his family. We haven't been in a while, but every time we go I am amazed at what a "big" city Charlotte is. I really like the downtown a lot and wish Raleigh's was like that.

While we were in Charlotte we rode the light rail to downtown to go to Discovery Place. The end of it isn't far from where Andy's parents live and the final stop in town is only a block or so from Discovery Place. After riding the train downtown we walked to the Brixx Pizza place to eat lunch. It was very good! Then on to Discovery Place.

I haven't been to Discovery Place since I was probably 6 0r 7 and didn't remember a single thing about the experience except for the fact that I went. It was really fun with the boys! It was crowded, so I was glad that I dressed them in their bright red NCSU tee shirts. They had a circus theme as the main attraction. Our niece Leah and Andy's brother Matt did the bungee flip thing. It looked like fun, but I would never be brave enough to do that! There was also a thing where you could walk on a trapeze. That looked fun too. They had all kinds of pulley systems set up for kids or adults to pull on. Andy loved that part. They also had some fish to touch and a kids area with water play. That was Carter's favorite. They had some water guns in a case and you could shoot things in the case with the water gun. He loved it and so did not want to share. There was also a little dinosaur exhibit and the boys have really gotten into the dinos lately thanks to the BJ's dino nuggets we eat for lunch sometimes.

When we go back to our car we asked them their favorite part of the day and Carter said the train and Cale said the airplane? Have no idea what he was talking about and he is usually the one that makes perfect sense, who knows! I really like riding the train and was very surprised at how crowded it was. I wish they would put one here. It was nice not having to drive downtown and find a spot to park.

This weekend I will be venturing to the beach with some girlfriends. I am looking forward to getting away. Andy however has majorly lucked out! My mom said she wanted the boys this weekend, so now he is left home to enjoy himself. I have a HUGE list of things for him to do while I am gone and hopefully he will get them all done!

No comments: