Our Family

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ready for Spring!

There hasn't been too much going on with us lately. Just the usual, being very busy with work and school and the boys. I have been busy working on some new cute products! I will have them up in my shop very soon. I also have a market on March 14th here in Raleigh, you can find the link on the side. I have been very busy trying to restock up on items for that show. I let my stash get way low when I was afraid I wouldn't be able to sell items primarily for babies anymore, but that is over with for now anyways!

We really enjoyed the nice weather last week and I am very, very sad that it is back to winter weather this week. I did try working with the boys today on writing letters and holding pencils. It made me realize that I would never be good at homeschooling. Cale wanted to learn and Carter would get mad if I tried to fix his hand so that he was holding the pencil correctly. He would then give up and say he didn't want to do it anymore. It is so funny at how different they are.

They have also said some pretty funny things lately. Of course everyday they say something funny and I always forget to write it down. It is really hard to fit that in with all the other thousand things have to do!

Last week at school Carter sneezed and his teacher told him Bless You and then asked him if he needed a tissue, his response, "No, I don't need a tissue I got a Bless you."

Then at school on Friday we were on the playground at the same time and I hear their teacher tell Carter I think we should ask Mommy. So I'm like what...and she tells me that Carter said he was hot and needs to take his clothes off. He learned this from Daddy taking his shirt off while outside. He did this at the park last week too.

On Valentine's Day Cale and Carter were looking at their cards and Cale asked me where my card was and I said I didn't have one and Cale asked me if Santa was going to give me a Valentines card. My response was, I hope not!

Last night for dinner Andy picked up Zaxby's and it comes with some Texas toast. Carter loves bread and he had is half and then half of mine, then wanted more. Well Andy showed him that the bread was all gone...the look on his face was priceless! We continued to eat and then hear Carter say thank you to Cale. We look up and Cale had torn his bread in half and gave half of it to Carter! That was so nice! Times like that make me feel like we have done something right. Being a parent is really the hardest job ever! If you have seen Marley and Me then there is a scene where Jennifer Aniston's character talks about how being a parent is the hardest job and why doesn't anyone tell you how hard it is. Then Owen Wilson's character replies that they do, but we don't listen. That is so true! No one ever knows how hard it is until they are in parenthood. The boys have their moments, but honestly for the most part they are so loving and nice to each other. They are NEVER mean to each other and even this morning Cale did hit Carter, I wasn't in the room so I don't know why or how, but he told me he kissed him. I did make him sit in timeout because he did admit to hitting him and when he got out he went and gave Carter a hug and kiss and told him he was sorry.

No comments: