Our Family

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Busy Saturday

Yesterday we had a very busy day! I had my first and Last outside holiday market. It was VERY cold. I don't know what I was thinking. I did sell a good amount of stuff, which was surprising considering it was so cold outside. Andy's parents were nice enough to come up from Charlotte and watch the boys for us to be at that and then that night Andy's work had their Christmas dinner. The boys really enjoyed them coming. They went to the children's museum and the park. Today we celebrated Andy's dad's birthday a little early since we don't live in Charlotte and won't be there for the big day. We had a Boston creme pie Andy's mom picked up at the Whole Foods and it was surprisingly very good. Andy tries to steer clear of that place because he doesn't like anything trendy or granola, but he loved the cake. We may have to buy our bakery goods from there from now on.

As for Christmas dinner, it was at Ruth Chris which is our favorite nice restaurant. It was so very yummy! Unfortunately I filled up on the stuffed mushroom appetizer and barely ate my dinner, but don't worry I brought that bad boy home! I ate it for lunch today and still have the dessert in the fridge for tonight. I can't wait to eat it! I was really looking forward to being done with my last holiday market yesterday so that I could finish my Christmas shopping and clean my house, but I have received so many orders since Thursday that I will be busy working for a few more days. I am glad though, because it is Christmas time and I do have a shopping addiction, so I need to pay for all those presents!

Here are some pictures from my fair yesterday. This is my booth. I lucked out by having a end spot right in front of the food and at a walk way cut through and in front of the information booth. I think that helped my sales. Notice the tent behind me, it was this really old couple selling paintings. There tent was probably from 1980 or before. It took a ton of volunteers to get it put together. I felt so bad for them because I think they said they didn't sell anything. It was a cold, long day and then to not sell anything would be terrible. Hopefully they will recover. I think my next market will be in March and then I have also applied for one in April, so hopefully the weather will be nice!



Here we are before heading out to dinner. We are in our usual Christmas dinner attire. Andy in his suit and me in my black dress, that I bought when the boys were 6 months old and bought a size smaller just to make sure I could keep wearing it. We only wear these items at Christmas dinner because we never do anything nice. I did buy a new necklace, that I bought with my free money from black Friday at Kohl's, a cute sweater from Target, and a new pair of black heels, which I got a while back on clearance at Old Navy.com. My other heels were old and I needed a newer cute pair, also there is nothing to make you feel more like a woman than 3 in heels. I really wanted some red ones, but couldn't find any my size and affordable.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: