Our Family

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thanksgiving Road Trip



For Thanksgiving this year we decided to travel to Ohio to see Andy's family. I love going up there! I was really hoping for snow, but we only saw a few flurries. This is the second time we have drove up there with the boys. The first time they were 11 months old and the trip went great, but we drove over night and they slept the whole way. This time was a day trip and I was nervous about how this one would go since we have terrible vacation luck(Griswold vacations), but it went great!! We split the trip up and drove 6 hrs one day and then another 4-5 hrs the next day. The boys literally watched movies the entire way. Where was the DVD player when we were kids?! They did not sleep at all in the car, which was kinda nice because the first night at the hotel they were ready to go to bed at 7:30, so we all got a nice 12 hours of sleep.
When we got there we stayed with Andy's aunt and uncle and that was so great! For Thanksgiving the whole family ate in the church fellowship hall because there were 49 people there and that wasn't even everyone! I don't think I even have 49 people in my whole extended family. I absolutely love the big family thing. I always wanted to have 4 kids and then one day we would have huge family, but after having the twins I am seriously rethinking that one and Andy says no way! I really admire people with more than 2 kids because I don't know if I could do it. I always thought I could, but I am not so sure after actually having kids.
The boys did pretty good. They only fought over toys, which is pretty normal. They slept great and ate great. We really couldn't have asked for it to go any better. So far our best vacations have been up to Ohio, I am starting to feel like we should go more often and we would if it weren't a 12 hr drive.
On the way home we drove 9 hrs to Sparta and then stayed the night with Andy's brother and his family at the mountain house. We then all went Sunday morning to get Christmas trees. That was fun and the boys loved it! I must admit that the tree we got looked much better on the lot. I think we left it rolled up too long and hopefully the limbs will drop some more. I just decorated it yesterday and will have those pics up soon.

No comments: