Our Family

Friday, October 7, 2011

Guess Who's Two

I seriously can't believe that my baby boy is two! Last month, yes I stink at updating this thing, my little sweetie had his second birthday. I had a great zoo birthday planned and all of our family was actually going to be able to come, which never happens. Then it had to go and rain! I was seriously bummed. My mom was in town because my birthday is only two days before Mack's and so my dad came to get her and we just had dinner and cake to celebrate. I felt like the typical mom to a second or third kid because I feel like his cake was just thrown together, because my plans had been rained out, and I didn't even get a good picture of the cake. I had no theme or anything. Turns out that he loved the cake. I put cars on it and that excited him more than the cake. The funniest part was he was actually trying to blow out his candle and he did end up doing it! I think that is why I forgot the cake picture because he was totally blowing out his candle, while everyone was trying to make sure he didn't grab the candle. Last week Mack had his 2 year old check up.  He of course did great when it was time to prick his finger, but cried when the nurse put the band aid on!  Then he did great with the flu shot.  He also let the doctor look at him and opened his mouth wide and let her look in his ears.  He ended up being 35 1/4" tall and about 29 lbs.  When I came home and looked, I of course lost Cale and Carter's 2 year old sheets, and on the boys 3 year old sheets they were 35.5" tall and 36" tall!  I thought it was odd that Mack was wearing 2T shorts that they couldn't wear until they were 3!

This kid is so fun! I love all of my kids so much and I love the fact that they are all so different. The first two are different, but they are still very similar. This guy on the other hand is a complete opposite from his brothers. They are very cautious, shy and sweet. Mack is very outgoing, brave, and rough. He is sweet too, but also very head strong. I love when he grabs me and says, "ug" and that is for hug. Also that he loves giving me kisses and blowing kisses and that he gets so excited about EVERYTHING! This kid is seriously happy and excited most of the time, with the exception of when he isn't getting his way. The other two are still also very loving and kind. They love to still hold our hands, give us hugs and kisses, and love seeing us. They are very kind and compassionate at school. That makes us very proud. Cale has a little girl in his class that has vision and hearing problems, she was also in his class last year. He truly loves taking care of her and helping her. It is so sweet! He gets so excited in the morning at car pool when he sees her walking into school. Her hearing teachers tell me that he is the sweetest kid and is always looking out for her. Just today one of her teachers stopped me to tell me how kind he is to her and how he always makes sure she knows what to do. He told me last Sunday that at church that they were suppose to draw a picture of them doing something Jesus would do and he told me he drew a picture of himself helping this little girl. He said it is because it is what Jesus would want him to do. How sweet is that! I am so proud of him. Carter has also made some very good character decisions since being in school. He seems to choose the kids that are more alone to be his friends and I think that is sweet. He is also very sensitive and I worry about him getting hurt, but he seems to really be carefree. He didn't really know any kids in his class this year, just like last year, but he still came home and said he loved school. He does have some friends now and seems to be doing good. Mack is also doing great at school and waves and tells me bye at the door. He loves school and it is so cute to hear him tell me what he does. I will ask him if he played outside and he will say yes and then I ask him what he played with and he says,"um, car, truck." I'm so glad that they are all happy and healthy children. I truly feel blessed everyday! 










Birthday Boy!


He loved unwrapping the presents, after he realized there were goodies in there.



His sweet brothers helping him.



Excited about his car cake!



Blowing out his candles!








His new favorite toy! This Cookie Monster toy is so funny. I recorded a video of Mack playing with this and I will try and upload it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: