Our Family

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Busy Year

We have been pretty busy so far this year. The boys spent New Years with my parents and then stayed until that Sunday after. They had a great time and we had a really great time! We actually went to the movies, which we never do, and saw Marley and Me. It was really good and I highly recommend seeing it. Even though Andy and I aren't big dog people it was a really cute movie. We also spent the whole time playing Wii. I LOVE the Wii Fit! You really do get a good work out and it got the GH seal of approval this month. I also of course did my triple coupons and saved about 70%, I can't remember the total now. Last week though, I spent $90 on groceries and saved $140!!! The cashier said that was the biggest savings she had ever seen! I love coupons!!

We have also been trying to clear out all the junk that we acquired throughout the year. We are trying to figure out what kind of renovation we can afford to do upstairs. We have several possibilities we just need to win the lottery to be able to do the one we want. It is nice to be able to see the whole attic now instead of piles of boxes and junk! I also organized the closets in the playroom. One is the overstock pantry and the other is now the toy closet. We have way too many toys and so I thought I would organize the huge walk in closet under steps for all their toys.

Andy meanwhile spent most of the past two weekends repairing the water heater. It was only 3 1/2 years old and developed a leak, which is much better than blowing up. Luckily GE just let us return that one to Home Depot and get another one. Then that one had a small leak. Turns out there was some issue and Andy finally fixed it.

We seem to always have something going on! Next week the boys are having more tubes put in their ears! This will be the third set for Carter and the second set for Cale. Hopefully all we go smoothly. We are going to take them to the circus for the first time in a couple weeks. I think that they will really like it. They loved the Dixie Stampede, so we are hoping they love this too.

My business has been going pretty good. Except for the new CPSIA Lead Law that goes into effect on Feb 10th unless it is amended. Let's hope that it is amended, because if not then I can't sell anything that is primarily for the use of children under the age of 12. At least I can still make diapers and wipes bags, nursing cover (which are new), key fobs, belts, bags, and I can make pot holders. I do love making the bibs and burp cloths though, so I am really praying that it gets amended to exclude handmade items.

Hopefully I will have some more pictures up soon. We have been so busy I haven't really taken any this month! Hard to believe, right!?

No comments: