Our Family

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Not Much Happening!


Not very much exciting stuff has been going on around here. I have been very busy sewing and getting ready for some local craft markets, more on that later, and the boys have had a few days of camp at their preschool. I haven't had to work at it this week, so that has been a nice break for me (boy does 4 hours go by way too fast!). Some good news, Carter is 100% potty trained! I feel like I stressed about this for months then in one painless 4 day period it was over! Cale on the other hand is not really getting the pooping thing and he doesn't stay dry overnight, but it will all come in time. Carter will even wake us up at 3 in the morning to go to the bathroom and usually when he does this he sleeps in a little later. Andy said he was going to start waking him up at 3 every night so that he would sleep in, but has Andy actually been able to wake up and do that, no.

This week has been a rough one as far as behavior goes. I have always heard that the 3's were way worse than the 2's and so far they seem about equal. It is kind of weird because the older the boys get and the more independent they get you would think you could answer the "does it get easier?" with a resounding yes, but you can't. It has its easy points and hard points. Some days I really miss those days when they didn't talk and walk and you didn't ask the question, "Why won't you listen to me?" 400 times a day. Some days I think I would love to trade the not listening in for the witching hour, but I can't and if I was really back to listening to them cry on and off for 2 hours every afternoon I would hate it and wish they were 3 and just not listening. I think that what is so hard about parenting and about twins is that I feel like some stages you wish away, but then later you think, wait that wasn't so bad compared to this. We went and visited a friend today that is having twins and I couldn't help but think that I wish I was in her place, I wish I could do it over again because there is so much I would do differently. I guess everyone says that, right? I really think if we were to have another baby it would be easier. Andy totally disagrees. He says it would be like when it is 100 degrees and the weatherman says there is a cold front moving in meaning the temp goes down to 95 degrees. That it is not going to be drastically easier. Who knows if we will ever find out, because we are both too scared to chance it.


Here are some pics I ran across today and they were actually taken 3 years ago today!
Try and see if you can figure out who is who.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: