Our Family

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

No More Babies!

Well, I don't know what made me do it, but yesterday I broke the boys' pacifiers! In broke I mean I cut the nipple off. They were kinda like, what? Papaw fix it. Then I had to explain to them that they couldn't be fixed and they were big boys. That kinda worked. They didn't nap yesterday, but went to sleep after only 45 mins of trouble making last night and today at nap. It has gone much smoother than the last time I tried, which was almost a year ago. They took it much better and Carter's personality didn't change like it did last time, so I guess it was time. I am very sad about it, because they are not babies anymore. I guess they are almost 3 and it is about time.

After last night, which Andy wasn't at home for, I wanted to give them back today because it was just so hard for me. It is their last babish thing they have. I should be glad about it, but it is hard watching them grow up. I feel like I never enjoyed them enought when they were babies. I was in pure survival mode. Maybe if there is a next time I will be able to enjoy it more. I am now enjoying every minute with the boys because as cliche' as it is they do grow up way to fast. The song I have on here, You're Gonna Miss This, is so right! That song is so our life. The one bedroom apt, screaming kids. I do miss the early married days and I am so glad we waited a while to have kids, but now life is going is super speed and I wish it would slow down. Andy wants the boys to be 18 and off to college, but little does he know that this is the easy time.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: